February 15, 2009

happy little birthday cupcakes



i made these birthday cupcakes for my dad! reading left to right they say, "happy birthday" in hiragana.

i used the simple vanilla and agave nectar cupcake recipe from vctotw (if you preview the book on google you can find the recipe or find it here). i had some fresh blueberries so i added them to the batter too. i've made the agave nectar cupcakes 3 times now, once with chocolate. i think they taste ok but i don't really like the way they smell after they bake. my dad and my husband love them and they are usually not into healthy stuff so i make the cupcakes for them.


i really wanted to make the super natural agave nectar icing to top the cupcakes but i could not find soy milk powder anywhere! so instead i just applied a really thin layer of melted chocolate on top of the cupcakes (not great for a diabetic, but it was his birthday). my dad loved them of course!



1 comment:

  1. Wow! What beautiful pieces of art-food that I can eat. I'm so impressed! That looks like a lot of fun Junko. I love all the pictures!! Sampling all of these happy little cupcakes would not be good for my waistline, but I want to try them all.
    Mela

    ReplyDelete