go make these cookies now and everyone will think you are a genius baker.
my husband and everyone else in the world seems to adore these. they are by far the most popular cookies I bake every year…. and guess what? they are the easiest! maybe i shouldn’t be sharing this top secret recipe with you because now everyone will know how simple these are… but i’m in a generous mood with it being christmas and all, so here you go….
chocolate chip s’mores cookies
I think this recipe is from one of those little pillsbury recipe magazines (right by the grocery store check out) I bought 5 or 6 years ago!
- your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe or any store bought chocolate chip cookie dough (i used pillsbury simply cookies because they were on sale and didn’t have any trans fat)
- large marshmallows cut in half
- melted chocolate (I usually use baker’s dipping chocolate )
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees. shape cookie dough into 1inch balls and place on cookie sheets.
2. bake cookies until the edges are barley light brown (usually about 9 minutes in my oven).
3. quickly remove the cookies from the oven and place 1 half marshmallow on top ot the cookie.
4. put cookies back in the oven for 1-2 minutes (until the marshmallows start to puff up)
5. transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool for a few min.
6. melt chocolate according to directions (in the microwave) and spoon or drizzle the chocolate over each cookie.
7. allow chocolate to completely harden before packing up and giving to all your friends!